In MateCat, translation jobs are organised into projects. A project is made up of one or more translation jobs and each one is associated with a unique job URL. Each project can be created with one source language and one or more target languages.
To create a new project in MateCat, visit www.matecat.com
All you need to do to create a project is select the language pair and upload the file(s) to translate.
By clicking on Settings, the Settings Panel will open where you can add or edit project options:
- Add or select one or more private translation memories
- Select or disable machine translations engines
- Dictate your translations instead of typing them
- Let MateCat automatically place the tags where they belong
- Perform automated QA checks in collaboration with lexiQA for the languages currently supported
- Specify segmentation rules
If you need to store your project and recover it later, you should firstly log in clicking on the profile icon in the top-right corner of the home page. This allows you to add all your projects to your Manage Panel. Via the Manage page you will have a wide range of management features available.
|Note: it is not possible to work on MateCat offline. You can only save your translation and receive suggestions from the MT(s) and TM(s) if you work online.|