lexiQA (www.lexiqa.net) is now in full operation with MateCat. The tool automatically reviews content performing checks for punctuation, numerals, links, symbols and spellings. Potential errors are identified and highlighted to make corrections and amendments where appropriate.
How to QA MateCat jobs with lexiQA
lexiQA’s innovative checks are active by default in MateCat when you work with any combination of the languages currently supported: Albanian, Arabic, Chinese Simplified, Danish, Dutch, English, English (US), Estonian, Finnish, French, French (Canada), German, Swiss German, Greek, Indonesian, Italian, Korean, Latvian, Lithuanian, Malay, Norwegian Bokmål, Polish, Portuguese, Portuguese Brazil, Romanian, Russian, Spanish, Spanish (Colombia), Spanish (Latin America), Swedish, Thai, Turkish, Ukrainian.
To verify if the QA by lexiQA is “Active” just click on Settings in the home page or in the top right corner of the Translation Editor page. The Settings Panel opens and by clicking on the Advanced Options tab you can check if the feature is “Active”.
If you prefer not to run a QA check with lexiQA you just need to click on the “Active” button and it will move to “Inactive”. In doing so the automated checks will be disabled for the current job.
The top bar on the Translation Editor page features an icon which warns of any potential QA issues in the translation. The warning sign includes a red circle indicating the number of issues found in the project.
For instance, the icon warns the user that there is a potential issue within the ongoing translation job. Click on the icon to bring up the lexiQA dashboard where you will find 4 options:
- lexiQA icon reporting the number of potential errors
- QA checks and guide
- Full QA report (takes you to the dedicated QA report page, where you can find all relevant project data)
- arrows to scroll through segments with issues
Errors are highlighted with a specific colour code inside the editor window. You can hover your mouse over each highlighted area and a pop up will display the type of error detected.
Once you hover your mouse over the highlighted error area, you have 2 options:
- You can IGNORE the error by clicking on IGNORE if you believe no correction is necessary. This error will no longer be highlighted in the segment, you can still see all ignored errors by clicking on the “Full QA report” icon in the lexiQA dashboard.
- Correct the error and confirm the translation by clicking on the Translated button. The lexiQA icon, in this case, will no longer display the error.