Participate in the Machine Translation Marathon 2012!
If you are a researcher, developer, student or simply a user of machine translation, come with us at the seventh edition of the MT Marathon.
This event is sponsored by MosesCore, an EU Project aimed at promoting open source machine translation.
There are several ways you can participate:
- attending lectures and labs: these range from beginners tutorials to showcase talks by leading researchers. Everybody can learn or strengthen their knowledge!
- attending technical talks about open-source tools for MT
- taking part in open source MT hacking projects, led by experienced developers and researchers.
The complete program is available here and below you can see in details the activities held by members of MateCat project:
- Wednesday, 5th September (09.45-10.30), Lecture: Language Modelling , Marcello Federico
- Thursday, 6th September (11.20-11.40), Paper Talk: Extending Hiero Decoding in Moses with Cube Growing , Wenduan Xu and Philipp Koehn
- Thursday, 6th September (16.00-17.30), Discussion: The Future of Open-Source Machine Translation , Marcello Federico
- Friday, 7th September (09.45-10.30), Lecture: Computer Aided Translation , Philipp Koehn
- Week-long open source MT hacking projects:
- Open Source Computer Aided Translation
- MT of texts with mark-up information
Join us. This is a good opportunity to get familiar with open source software for MT and CATÂ that will see significant development over then next two and and half years and beyond.